Compiled through Diigo.
- James Bennett, Urkund
- Ali Boumoussa, Collège Ahuntsic (ESL) / RASCALS
- Tim Campbell-Comerford and Jen Mitchell, Vanier College (Pedagogical Development Office)
- Eva Dobler and Diane Maratta, McGill University (Teaching and Learning Services)
- Grace DuVal, Nuance
Former Montrealer Grace DuVal knows a thing or two about Quebec’s educational system
- Elyse Eidman-Aadahl and Linda Friedrich, National Writing Project
The National Writing Project has neat resources for language learners. Linda Friedrich and Elyse Eidman-Aadahl are lab guests.
- Gabe Flacks, NewsActivist
- Danielle Jacques, RÉCIT FGA (Chaudière-Appalaches)
- Mary Johnson, Vanier College (Early Childhood Education)
- Kevin Lenton, Vanier College (Physics) / SALTISE
- Hugh McGuire, PressBooks / LibriVox
- Andrea Prupas, inov8 / ALDI
- Tanya Reddy, Oralys
- Stéfan Sinclair, Voyant Tools / Nadaclair Language Technologies / McGill University (Languages, Literatures, and Cultures)
- Essay Revision with Automated Textual Analysis | DWRL Lesson Plans
Digital Humanist Mike Widner, now at Stanford, had this neat idea to use Voyant Tools (by Geoffrey Rockwell and Stéfan Sinclair) to help in essay revision.
- Workshops | Hermeneuti.ca – The Rhetoric of Text Analysis
- Examples Gallery | Voyant Tools Documentation
- Teaching with Voyant Notebooks, Digital Humanities 2013, University of Lincoln, Nebraska (July 2013) | Hermeneuti.ca – The Rhetoric of Text Analysis
- Les potentialités du texte numérique par Stéfan Sinclair - YouTube
Though it’s in French, this short video by our guest Stéfan Sinclair can help set the stage on digital texts. For instance, what difference does it make when learners submit their work online? What are the affordances of digital textuality?
- "SpellCheckPlus" Online Spelling and Grammar Checker for English as a Second Language
- « BonPatron » correcteur d'orthographe et de grammaire en ligne pour les textes français
- Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures | Languages, Literatures, and Cultures - McGill University
- Marie-France Raymond-Dufour, CSDM (Adult Education), Collège Rosemont (French Language and Literature), UdeM (FEP)
- Jesse Stommel, Hybrid Pedagogy
- Carolyn Samuel, McGill University Writing Centre
- Norm Spatz, Profweb & Cégep du Vieux-Montréal (retired) / NewsActivist / RASCALS / Shaare Zion Men’s Club
- Roberta Thomson, McGill University Office for Students with Disabilities
- Nick Walker, Corrective Feedback / Bokomaru Publications / Collège Ahuntsic (ESL) / RASCALS
Feedback, Assessment, Grading, Testing
Automated Essay Scoring
Some people have high hopes for automation in grading while others are skeptical or even worried.
Universal Design for Learning
Dealing with digital texts is a house speciality, for Digital Humanities.
CALL: Computer-Assisted Language Learning
As a concept, Computer-Assisted Language Learning can be pretty broad. We’ll explore several dimensions during the third step in the lab. There are strong connections between self-assessment, revision, rewriting, and teacher-provided feedback.
Grammar- (and spell-) checkers are almost taken for granted. However, many people may be ambivalent about their pedagogical potential. Are their appropriate uses for grammar checkers? Can they help in assessment?